Danielle Coulson Adjunct Instructor
"I started teaching because I love French, and I love sharing my passion of the language with others."
- M.A. in French – University of Cincinnati (2017)
- B.A. in French – Ohio State University (2015)
- Online Adjunct Instructor, East Tennessee State University (2019 - present)
- French Teacher, Jordan School District, Herriman, Utah (2019 - present)
- Online Adjunct Instructor, Ivy Tech Community College (2017 - present)
- French Teacher, Batavia High School, Batavia, Ohio (2017-19)
- French Teaching Assistant, University of Cincinnati (2015-17)
Which classes do you teach online?
Elementary French II and Applied French for Healthcare Professional
What do you want students to learn in your classes? What's the takeaway?
I want my students to obtain a beginner's-level knowledge of French to master a basic level of interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communicative modes.
Why did you start teaching?
I started teaching because I love French, and I love sharing my passion of the language with others.
What advice would you give to those considering an online degree program?
I would say that it takes a lot of self-discipline and motivation, but it's worth the flexibility and convenience that online courses offer!
What is the value of a bachelor's degree?
A bachelor's degree opens the door to many career opportunities.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I love CrossFit!